When it’s cold outside, all you want to do is curl up with a snuggly blanket and drink a cup of hot chocolate. There’s nothing like a hot beverage to warm you from the inside out, especially one that has weed in it.
Yes, it’s true. You can make a mug of rich and indulgent cannabis-infused hot chocolate in the comfort of your home. All you need is a batch of THC-infused coconut oil and this simple recipe to make your cold-weather dreams come true. Read on to discover how to make cannabis hot cocoa.
Why coconut oil?
Although you can substitute cannabutter in the recipe, we highly recommend trying a cannabis-infused coconut oil. Rich in fat, this oil makes a perfect carrier for THC while also giving your beverage a delightful taste. Coconut oil adds a lightly sweet flavor to your hot chocolate that finishes with a pleasant tropical vibe. The oil also gives your drink a creamy mouthfeel and frothy top, just like the pros make at a coffee shop.
Best of all, if you already know how to make cannabutter, you know how to make weed-infused coconut oil. You use the exact same method to make it, only there’s no need to store it in the fridge. And then you’re ready to make your hot cocoa!
Cannabis-infused Hot Cocoa Recipe
Our the next snowy day or whenever you’re feeling cozy, whip up our version of this classic cold-weather treat. The rich chocolatey flavor with herbal kick is going to be your new holiday tradition.
(Makes 2 drinks)
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar (dark chocolate is our favorite)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/infused coconut oil (ratio depends on your desired dosage)
- Healthy pinch of salt
- Marshmallows or whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Place milk, cocoa powder, and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium/medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until warm (but not boiling). Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk constantly until the chocolate chips melt and distribute evenly into the milk. Briefly place back on the heat if needed.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and cannabis-infused coconut oil until frothy. Pour into mugs and serve warm. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows if you’d like. Enjoy!