We get it — cannabis dispensary menus can be a little overwhelming. Filled with everything from everyday flower to a veritable bakery of infused treats, each with its own cannabinoid percentages and prices, it can be a lot to take in for both cannabis experts and newbies.
Fortunately for all you JARS lovers, we are here to share with you a tried and true formula and all the details you need to effortlessly get the most out of your dispensary experience.
Formula for Success
While there can be a lot of technical jargon on a dispensary menu, the most important thing is to prioritize your overall desired experience. In order to find the products that suit you best, we break it down into a formula that looks like this:
Time + Feeling + Method = Form
Now let’s take a closer look at each of these components to help you get a better understanding of the exact type of cannabis product you might be interested in.
Time essentially refers to two things: the time of day you want to enjoy your weed and how long you want to feel the effects.
The time of day is important because marijuana products will often be formulated for a certain point throughout your day. For example, you may try a few puffs of an indica vape before bed and a few puffs on a sativa flower before starting your day.
Different types of cannabis products also have varying lengths in the time it takes to get high and how long your high lasts. Take edibles for instance: These weed delicacies can take up to three hours to take effect but once they hit, can last for up to 8 hours. While smoking traditional flowers can get you high in a matter of minutes but may only last for a fraction of the time.
Be sure to consider these factors as they can help you decipher a dispensary menu and discover the right product for you.
Another factor that can help illuminate your way to dispensary success, is the feeling you want to achieve from any given product. Let’s say that you want something to give you a boost of energy and creativity. We suggest that you scan the dispensary menu for something with a sativa base or something with citrus in the name, like Lemon Haze.
No matter what feeling you are looking for, this will help determine what kind of cannabis product might be best for you.
Lastly, you need to consider what method you want to try. Do you want some dank flower to roll up in a blunt? Or maybe you want a discreet vape to take with you on road trips. Or perhaps even a THC-infused beverage to take the place of alcohol at your friend’s birthday celebration. Whatever it is that you decide, this will be a huge factor to help point you in the right direction.
Put all of this info together, and you should have a pretty good idea of what type of cannabis product you want, just by glancing at the dispensary menu. From energy-boosting pre-rolls to sleep-inducing gummies, there is likely something in stock at JARS Michigan or JARS Arizona to check off your entire list of needs.
Now About Those Technical Details…
While the above formula is a good place to start with breaking down a dispensary menu, there are a number of smaller details that are included with each type of product. So if you want to get technical and learn more about your favorite products, read on for a closer look at all of the finer details often found on dispensary menus or labels.
- Product Type: Each menu generally starts with product type categories. Essentially, this will tell you if it is flower, concentrate, edible, topical, or some other kind of marijuana product.
- Product Description: Menus or labels will also often give a brief description of the product to give you a little taste of what to expect.
- Type of Strain: Cannabis flower will be labeled with their individual strains and certain weed-infused products will also tell you the type of strain that it is imbued with.
- Cannabinoid Content: Both labels and menus will usually tell you the THC and CBD content of any given product. These numbers will help you determine the potency and the potential effects that you might experience.
- Weight: This distinction is more important for buying raw flower, as you may want to invest in a single gram of a new strain or a full ¼ of your go-to favorite JARS strain. You can learn how to measure your weed here.
- Price: And of course, any thorough menu will tell you the price of each product to make sure that you stay within your budget. Also, be sure to consider the varying taxes that might be added on depending where you live.
Simple As That!
We hope that this article gave you the guidance you need to be able to approach a dispensary menu with confidence. All you need is our handy dandy formula and a little knowledge about the technical mumbo jumbo found on nearly every label and menu. And if all else fails, do not be shy to ask one of JARS amazing budtenders any lingering questions that you might have — we’re here to help seven days a week!